How do I apply for the Slovakia Visitor Visa?
Slovakia, a landlocked country in central Europe, is bordered by Poland, Ukraine, Hungary, and Austria. It has a high-income advanced economy and is famous for having the world's highest numbers of castles and Chateaux.
Slovakia shares the same visa policy as all the 29 regions under the Schengen region. These countries don't need a visa to travel and provide a short-term visa that allows inter-travel for 90 days and it can also be extended to 180 days on special request. It is also called the Type C visa.
The processing time of the visitor visa for Slovakia is two weeks ideally but depending on the case, it can take a little more time as well.
What are the general documents of the Slovakia Visitor Visa application?
To enter Slovakia, the following documents are important –
- Completely filled out the visa application form
- Two passport size photographs that are recent
- A valid passport that has three months remaining and two blank pages
- The travel itinerary will carry all the details of flight booking, and hotel bookings for your whole stay in Slovakia
- Travel medical insurance of at least EUR 30,000 that will be valid for the entire Schengen region
- A cover letter which will include the purpose of your visit to the Schengen region
- The Civic status – Birth certificate for children, marriage certificate
- Means of substance proof – bank statements of the last six months
- Income tax return of the last three years
How to apply for the Slovakia visitor visa?
The following steps can be taken to apply for the Slovakia Visitor Visa
- Step 1 – Fill out the application form
- Step 2 – Submit all the necessary documents
- Step 3 – Pay the fee
- Step 4 – Appear for the visa interview
What is the cost of the Slovakia Visitor Visa?
The cost of the application fee for a Slovakia Visitor Visa for an adult is EUR 80, and for children between the age range of 6 to 12 years, it is EUR 40. For kids below the age of six years and diplomats, there is no application fee.