Latest News & Articles

By meritidevisas
[Published on | ]

IRCC invited applicants in the latest STEM Draw 

One day after the general draw on April 10, where 1,280 candidates with a minimum CRS score of 549 were invited. The IRCC has conducted another draw. In this draw the   STEM applicants are invited and those who have the highest minimum CRS score will be selected for immigration.

Express Entry DrawThe Key highlights of the Draw –
•    ITA –  4500
•    CRS score - 491

The trajectory of general draw scores paints an intriguing picture. The first draw of the year, back on January 10, set the bar at a minimum CRS score of 546. Since then, there has been a gradual decline in the scores required for consideration. For instance, the most recent general draw on March 25 invited 1,980 candidates with a CRS score of 524.It's important to note that general draws encompass candidates from all three Express Entry-managed programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). Unlike category-based selection draws, where various factors come into play, general draws heavily rely on the CRS score as the primary determinant for an Invitation to Apply (ITA).


Today's draw underscores the competitiveness of STEM occupations within the Express Entry system and highlights the ongoing fluctuations in CRS score requirements, reflecting the dynamic nature of Canada's immigration landscape.

Summary of the Express Entry Draw 2024

Date ITA CRS score
Jan 10 1510 546
Jan 23 1040 543
Jan 31 730 541
1 Feb 7000 365 ( French language)
13 Feb 1490 535
14 Feb 3500 422 ( Healthcare Occupations)
16 Feb 150 437 ( Agriculture and Agro- foods)
28 Feb 1470 534
1 March 2500 336 ( French Speaking category)
12 March 2,850 525
13 March 975 430 ( Transport)
25 March 1980 524
26 March 1500 388 ( French Language)
10 April 1280 549
11 April 4500 491 (STEM)


What is the category based selection in the express entry draw?

Category-based selection was introduced by the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in May 2023. It aims to enhance the targeting of Express Entry candidates possessing in-demand skills or human capital attributes. 

Six categories were established in 2023 and retained for 2024: 

  • Healthcare occupations,
  • STEM professions,
  • Trades occupations, 
  • Transport occupations, 
  • Agriculture and agri-food occupations, 
  • Strong French proficiency.

To qualify for category-based selection candidates must already have an application in the Express Entry pool. 

Express Entry serves as an application management system for Canada’s principal economic immigration programs:

  • The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP),
  • The Canadian Experience Class (CEC), 
  • The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). 

Applicants undergo assessment based on various human capital factors, including work experience, occupation, language ability, age, and education. Each factor is assigned a score, cumulatively determining a Comprehensive Ranking System score. Those with the highest scores are more likely to receive an invitation to apply for permanent resident status.

Express Entry offers expedited processing with a published service standard of six months for 80% of all applications. However, the remaining 20% might experience longer processing times, particularly in complex cases.

This system provides benefits both to candidates and the Canadian economy. For candidates, it offers a streamlined pathway to permanent residency, while for Canada, it ensures the selection of individuals with skills and attributes aligned with the country’s economic needs. By utilizing category-based selection within Express Entry, IRCC endeavours to efficiently address labor market demands and bolster Canada’s economic growth.

Subscribe to our Newsletter
Trending News
About Meritide Visas

To show you how it is absolutely possible to create a life of travel no matter the odds — and we will help you achieve that through our detailed travel visas, guides, resources, tips, and MORE

Our Success Stories


Zee News Dailyhunt Prabhat

© 2024 |