Get Free Consultation

Australia Links

Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)

This visa allows skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.

The Australian Skilled - Nominated Visa subclass 190 is an Australian state sponsored visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory. A visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia. Certain family members can be included in the application.

Certain foreign-national skilled workers who hold occupations on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List may be eligible for a Subclass 190 visa. This visa requires the applicant to complete a skills test and be nominated by a state or territory government.

To be able to lodge a valid application for this visa you need to first submit an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect. You can do this in or outside Australia. If you are nominated by a state or territory and meet the basic requirements for this visa, you will then receive an Invitation To Apply.

If you are selected, you will receive the ITA (Invitation to apply) for Subclass 190 Visa. You require applying for the visa within 60 days of the receipt of the invitation.

Key Requirements of Subclass 189 Visa

To apply for this visa an applicant must:-

  • Be invited to apply
  • Score at least 65 points based on his/her profile factors, i.e. Age, Qualification, Experience, English proficiency and other such components if applicable.
  • Be under 50 years of age when you are invited to apply.
  • Nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) OR the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
  • Have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation.
  • Have the work experience as per the state/teritory requirement.
  • Have at least competent English.
  • Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
  • Meet the health and character requirements.
  • Live in Sponsoring Australian state or teritorry for 2 years once visa is granted.


  • Length of stay - Permanently
  • Cost- Please refer to our costing table
  • Global processing times - 75 per cent of applications processed in 7 months & 90 per cent of applications processed in 13 months
  • Stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • Travel to & from Australia for 5 Years
  • Apply for Australian Citizenship
  • You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want for five years after the visa is granted.
  • You can include your partner and your or your partner’s child or step-child in your application.
  • Family members who are granted the visa have the same rights and can do the same things as you.
  • This is a permanent visa – it lasts indefinitely.
  • You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when a decision is made.

Applicants Cost

For Main Applicants

Factors Cost
Department of Immigration Visa Application Charge $ 3,670
Skills Assessment Application Fee from $300 to $1,050 for most occupations
IELTS Test (if required) 12600 INR till 31st March & 13250 INR from April onward

For Dependents

Factors Cost
The Skilled Independent visa (Subclass (189)
This fee includes the spouse of the primary visa applicant and any other secondary applicants who are aged above 18.
AUS $1835
The Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189)
This fee includes per kid of the primary visa Applicant who is aged under 18.
AUS $900

Other Costs (If Applicable)

Factors Cost
Medical Examination
This fee is payable for each person included in your application and must be paid directly to the doctor conducting your examination.
Variable (Depending upon the type of Medical Test and Examination required)
Character Clearance (Police Check)
This fee is payable to the police authorities in the countries where you have lived for 12 months or more.
Certification/Translation of Documents
Payable to Translator.


© 2024 | | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy