Get Free Consultation

USA Links

Permanent Workers(EB1-EB5)

Every year lacks of qualified and skilled applicants reach US on employment based immigration visas under the provisions of U.S. immigration law. These can be classified into 5 different categories depending upon the skills, areas of specialization and labor market needs.

Employment First Preference (EB1): Priority Workers:

There are three subcategories under this. They are:-

  • Persons with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. These applicants must have extensive documents to demonstrate national or international acclaim and recognition in their fields of expertise. They do not require to have job offer letter before entering US to work in their area of expertise and therefore can file their own Immigrant Petitions for Alien Worker, Form I-140, with the USCIS.
  • Outstanding professors and researchers who are internationally recognized and have at least 3 years of working experience in teaching.
  • Multinational managers or executives who have been employed for at least one of the three preceding years by the overseas affiliate, parent, subsidiary, or branch of the U.S. employer.

Employment Second Preference (EB2):

These are second preference applicants who require the labor certification to fle petition for immigration. They can be classified into the following categories:-

  • Professionals holding an advanced degree –Must possess baccalaureate or higher degree and at least five years progressive experience in the profession.
  • Persons with exceptional ability. Must possess degrees of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered in the sciences, arts, or business.

Employment Third Preference (EB3): Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers (Other Workers)

These are third preference applicants who require the labor certification to fle petition for immigration. They can be classified into the following categories:-

  • Skilled workers-Must be able to demonstrate at least 2 years of work experience or training which is not seasonal in nature.
  • Professionals-Must a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. university or college or its foreign equivalent degree.
  • Unskilled workers (Other workers)-Engaged in unskilled labor with less than 2 years of work experience or training.

Employment Fourth Preference (EB4): Certain Special Immigrants

These are fourth preference employment based visas which do not require the labor certification and job offer to enter US and are for special category of immigrants. They are:-

  • Employees of International Broadcasting Bureau of the Broadcasting Board of Governors or similar organizations.
  • Ministers of Religion.
  • Current or Former Employees of the U.S. Government Abroad, Panama Canal Company or Canal Zone Government.
  • Iraqi/Afghan Translator who have assisted in US army.
  • Physician.
  • Member of the Armed Forces.
  • Retired NATO-6 employee.
  • Spouse or child of deceased NATO-6 employee.


© 2024 | | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy